Sunday, November 23, 2008

Holidays Approach, the Cold, and Cat Disasters

Not to venture into the wonderful world of cliches, but I can't believe the holidays are upon us. We have to start planning for Thanksgiving, and then comes the Christmas tree followed by all that other good stuff. It's pretty amazing that we're on the cusp of another new year.

As I mentioned, Gary has reclaimed his cars, so we are once again with just one car... sort of. The thing is, Gary, our hero, actually left his chase truck here, and said we were welcome to use it if we needed it. It's a massive vehicle, a 3/4 ton mammoth, but it's cool, and it drives, and he did say... I don't want to take advantage, but man is it nice having another car. And with the holidays, we have a lot of activities that we need to get to. We really need to get another car. I thought about it last night, and another car would really make life easier, but it's the sort of thing that if I bitched about it and then we got one, I'd feel guilty as hell about the expense. So I keep my mouth shut.

I got some of my Christmas cards together, but I'm only about 95% of the way there. Still need to make up the difference, but I'll see where that one goes. I like writing cards, and even toyed with the idea of starting now and just sending them out in December, but I'll wait. The problem I run into is that I burn out as I near the end, and writing them becomes a chore. Such is life.

And then, of course, is the issue of getting a tree. Then again, we do have a truck.

It's been amazing cold out here, colder than I recall, and we are nice and toasty in our house with the wood stove burning constantly. Waking up is the brutal part, because our bedroom gets the coldest since it's the farthest from the stove. Fortunately, Audrey and Nicholas' room is the warmest, and I'm glad for that.

We had a cat disaster yesterday, kind of weird. Misty got stuck in the bathroom, she must have sneaked in and I missed her and closed the door, because when we went in later, she bolted out, but not before she pooped in the sink and peed on the rug. It was pretty nasty, and I had to clean it. On a humorous note, I had used the bathroom earlier, and when I went in with Nicholas, the smell was overwhelming and I thought, "Man, did I do that?" I didn't, it was the cat.

We returned to Hanover and went to Boloco for the first time since our return. We love that place, it's a great place to get a quick meal. Went to the library for the first time since our return and it was nice seeing all our friends. We love the Howe, what a great library. We didn't see Amanda and crew, I was sort of expecting it, but we'll connect one of these days. I half expect to see her at some event and have her bust my balls for not calling her. It's been known to happen.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: