Saturday, November 22, 2008

Making Homeschool Connections and a Duet

We made a new homeschool connection, sort of. There's a cool fitness club out here that was well out of the range of what we could afford, and it turns out the owners are homeschoolers, or at least some of the owners. They are opening the club to homeschoolers a couple of days a week, a huge bonus. Not only will we get to swim and play tennis, but we'll get to cavort with other homeschoolers. I spoke with one of the guys there and it turns out he runs all sort of homeschool groups in the Spring. A good vibe, if I may say so. We'll go on Monday, and it'll be interesting to see how it goes, though I don't want to build it up too much.

On another bright note, Audrey was chosen to sing a duet in her choir. I hate to admit it, but I'm so shamelessly stoked about it. In fact, when we first started, MaryAnn mentioned that there might be a solo or duet, and I was secretly hoping that Audrey might get chosen, though I NEVER said anything to either our children or the chorus people. When she was asked, I quietly jumped for joy. It's the little things in life that matter the most.

For the record, Audrey was thrilled at the idea, so it worked out well... so far.

No comments: