Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Still Suffering

I'm still suffering big time from jet lag, and I seem to be capable of only getting about 4-5 hours of sleep each night. On the bright side, I get up around 4:00 in the morning and can get some writing done, though I feel like heck all day long. It's only been a couple of days, so we'll see how this goes.

I have a headache.

We had our first full day at home, and we're finding our groove again. We got back into some homeschooling and it went pretty well. Audrey was resistant at first to doing some writing, but it went very well, and she's very good when she sets her mind to things. The state said they wanted more concrete proof of her work in the form of art of writing, so we came up with a plan. The current flavor of the week goes something like this-we will break up the week in terms of subject matter, not getting too ambitious because that only gets us in trouble. We will do basic info like math and english every day, but on certain days we'll also focus on history, health, writing, and social studies. I don't know how else to do it.

We figure we have about six months, so during that time, if you're chipping away at the stone, you'll have enough concrete stuff to satisfy the authorities.

Lots of stuff happening, otherwise. I have some leads on freelance gigs, and they're small but gigs, nonetheless, and some even involve travel. I still have the Killer Aces gigs alive and well, and I'm on the cusp of pitching new stuff to the corporate world. We'll see how this one goes.

Did I mention that my head is killing me? We're going to lose the Explorer today, Gary's coming down, but we'll still have the Caddie. Life is complicated. Scratch that, "our" lives are complicated.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: