Sunday, November 2, 2008

Official State Pardon

We got our letter of acceptance from the state regarding homeschooling. I think they gave it to us begrudgingly, because our submission was still lacking in certain areas, but I'll take it. In the end, we are doing so much and trying to put it all into a single document falls so short of the mark. Either way, we'll do all we have to to placate the state, even if it seems silly at times. They make the rules, we follow them.

And I'll readily admit that they are very helpful and always willing to assist. In fact, as I mentioned, Karen Agnew even called me to tell me what I was doing wrong, and I'm grateful for that. Of course, now I'm completely neurotic about it and everywhere I look, I'm not only looking for some sort of homeschooling lesson, but more importantly, documentation that proves we actually did it.

It's a pain, but I understand the state's perspective. They've got to oversee all these people, and they have certain expectations. It's not unlike the caring parent. They're a pain, but they're only looking out for your interest, and it's not until much later that you really learn to appreciate it.

It has opened my eyes a lot to the wealth of possibilities out there, and that's always a good thing. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: