Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Death by Ambition

I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get some, if not all, of the things that you need to get done is by biting off more than you can chew. Sure, it's frustrating when you think about it all, but you just have to stop thinking so darn much and just do it. Otherwise, nothing gets done.

Case in point, I have many things to do today. I was working on the dormers and now need more wood due to some bad insight. It's too complicated to explain, but I bought some pine at Britton's and figured I'd have just enough, but wasn't even close. I hate when that happens. Factor in mistakes in measuring and cutting, and it can be a disaster.

So, I need more wood, but also have this plan to make more dumplings for the market since we introduce a new meatless variety, black bean and corn. Wow, we should have a parade.

We've yet to sell this at the big city market, but it went over fairly well at the local market. People want a meatless choice, but not necessarily tofu. Go figure.

We also need to go to the dump and I believe the propane tank needs refilling, but I'm not really experienced in these matters. N has been requesting tacos for dinner, and A has piano lessons in the afternoon. Oh yeah, and there are the matters of the dormers and the lawn.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Vaughan Willis for the pic.

No comments: