Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Listen to Your Heart and See the Signs

Here we are, another market, and I have to confess, I'm not in possession of the best frame of mind. In other words, since I'm training to be a real man, I can no longer whine and bemoan the fact that we have to do the market, when in fact, all I want to do is moan and whine. Oh well, nobody said being a real man was easy.

I woke up this morning and felt like Charlie Brown on the first day of school, just dreading it, though my stomach didn't hurt. Whatever be the case, I think you have to listen to those voices when they speak to you. It's one thing if you're working in the salt mines to make a living and it's either dig or go hungry, but our situation is completely of our own making, and we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

FYI, this was pointed out to me the other day at BG's. I saw the town clerk and he asked how the dumplings were going. When I said it took up all of our time, he said, "This was your decision, you got yourself into this."

To which I replied, "What are you, the hall monitor?" Actually, I didn't say this because I didn't think of it until I was halfway home. Besides, he's right.

Anyway, we're off again to the market. The other day, R and I were talking about the market and decided that we cannot do both markets and retain our sanity. This decision alone filled me with hope. The two markets make it that much more difficult, and if we only did one, it would mean that we could potentially prepare for it in one day. How great would that be?

The question is, which market will be sacrificed?

One more note regarding listening to the signs, the weather is perfectly mirroring my mood-cold, gray, and miserable. How's that for a message coming down from above?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Walter Groesel for the pic.

No comments: