Friday, September 24, 2010

Back in the U.S. of A.

So sorry for my absence, we were on vacation last week and I assumed there would be some sort of internet connection but they don't seem to have high speed internet in Canada. Actually, that is a complete exaggeration, but in the area that we were in, nobody had it, even the local businesses, though there was dial-up. Rustic living at its best, but because the connection was so slow, I couldn't really manage to blog or do much of anything internet related.

Consequently, all did all week was eat, sleep, and watch the rain come down, and down it came. What was really nice about the trip was that even though we were surrounded by French speaking people, we were only about 2 hours from home. We might as well have been in Vermont.

I won't go into too many details about the trip, at least not yet, but I think it had a lot of meaning to R, for reasons that will be discussed at a later date.

Otherwise, I couldn't believe how much it rained. Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Robert Linder for the pic.

No comments: