Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hearing From My Mom

I got a package from my mom a few days back, and it really came out of the blue, not that I'm knocking it. It was just unexpected.

We hadn't heard from her in months, if not years. Of course we heard nothing on our birthdays, as usual, though she did send A a card on her's. It will be interesting to see if she sends something for N's big day.

Bear in mind, this has nothing to do with forgetting and everything to do with sending a message. Whatever be the case, the box was thoughtful, in her own unique way, filled with assorted clothes and accessories. In fact, I was in dire need of a new wallet, and she sent me one, so serendipity shined a light on me.

You have to appreciate these moments when they come, because they are so few and far in between. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: