Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lawnmower Drama

This is crazy, but maybe not so surprising considering how life sometimes works. Just one day before my in-law's arrival, our lawnmower took a dive. It may be a carburetor issue, but whatever be the case, the thing wouldn't start. I couldn't believe it.

I had to scramble, because the lawn really needed clipping, and I had a ton of other things to attend to. I first called Charlie Brown's and they don't rent them. I then called Welch's True Value, and they did, for $24/day. At least I had an option, but then I figured that one of my friends must have a lawnmower. I probably could have asked KJ, our neighbor, but I already have his ladder, and felt it was wrong to push my luck. Our other neighbor, JH, surely had one, but he was out of town.

I tried calling GS, my homemaker buddy, but his line was tied up, and DH was not at home. Boy, I was getting nowhere fast. I was on the verge of simply renting a machine when I thought of HH because she was just the other day telling me about how the guy who mows her lawn was suffering in the heat.

I gave her a ring, and by some miracle, she was home. I couldn't believe it. She said no problem, and it turns out she has the same mower as we do.

Thanks to HH, she saved my hide, and now the grass looks acceptable. Now I just have to get ours fixed.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: