Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 0.5

Here I am, already slacking on this blog, and on the cusp of our big journey down that long road to adventure. We have not stopped moving for the past 48 hours, getting ready for this trip. The challenge stems from the fact that our departure just happens to coincide with all of our preparations for Spring. This entails many responsibilities in the yard and around the house. Way too many to think about.

I did manage to accomplish many goals, and that feels good upon departure. The wood is cut, this Winter’s wood is mostly stacked, and the yard is in order. I was pondering cutting the grass, but decided to let it grow. Also, I sealed (hopefully) the garden from woodchucks, and the blueberries are properly prepped for Summer. Let’s hope for berries. We also ordered a bunch more.

We are leaving today, and the plan is to go to A’s recital, and then catch the bus to the airport, and then off to Istanbul. How crazy is that? The biggest concern is what to do with A’s guitar, but we’ll figure something out.

As of this writing, I still need to pack, and it dawned on me that I don’t have enough underwear for the entire trip. I hope there is laundry wherever we are going. This should be good.

We are all very excited about the trip, and I’m looking forward to getting a lot of R&R in after a very busy intro to Spring and what surely looks like a very busy Summer. I hope to get some writing done while we’re away, and at the very least, lots of sleep and reading. I usually lose weight when we travel because I don’t have access to all those snacks, and A and I will practice our karate in our spare time.

How’s that for a plan? I know there will be lots of bumps and triumphs along the way, so stay tuned for more. My goal is to not focus on the negatives, but rather, celebrate them.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Hilde Vanstraelen for the pic.

No comments: