Saturday, May 28, 2011

Learning to Say No

I was asked, of all things, to partake in another community organization, one that I really believe in and think is a wonderful group. The man in charge I have a great deal of respect for, and think is a great guy. They do a lot for the community, and of course I’d be honored to help out in any way I can, but as usual, find myself too busy to really be an effective part of the team.

My first impulse is to say yes, and then kick myself for getting in over my head. This time around, I asked for time to think it over, and then decided that, at least at this moment, I simply can’t do it. I did, however, leave the door open to join in on the fun at a later date, and that worked out fine. Best of all, I didn’t automatically say yes, and then live to regret it. I love when that happens.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to WR-Fife for the pic.

No comments: