Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 0

The big question of the day, is this day 0, or day -1? I figure the day we depart would be day 1, so I’ll call this day 0. I spent all night debating this one with myself... just kidding.

We are leaving tomorrow, and we haven’t packed a thing. In fact, just yesterday I managed to obtain a couple of pairs of shorts, which I needed because I don’t have any that aren’t permanently stained with grease, from the market, or dirt, from working in the yard. I searched for shorts that didn’t go down past my knees, which is the current style, and ones that didn’t make me look like an extra on Baywatch, not that that would be such a bad thing.

In the end, I found them at the Listen Center, which was score, because they were $2 each. I love that place, though it was a mad house, and a bit of crap shoot that you’ll even find what you’re looking for. Now I can start packing.

We have a million things to do before we go, but I will say this, leaving on a Sunday works well. It gives you all of Saturday to get ready, and even part of Sunday. This makes it much less stressful, which in turn makes it much easier to look forward to. I’m going to try to be more positive about my outlook, because I seem to give everyone the impression that I hate everything about everything, and nothing could be further from the truth. I just hate about 95% of everything... just kidding.

Either way, I’m looking forward to this trip for a number of reasons that I won’t get into, but at the very least, it’s always a joy spending time together as a family and going on an adventure. We all grow so much from the experience.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Pearlie Ng for the pic.

No comments: