Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Social Complexity

We went to see the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe and the kids loved the play. I was a bit worried, it seemed sophisticated, and personally I thought the production was well done, great acting/singing and an overall very nice production, but for a kid? I kept an eye on A&N for excessive fidgeting but they did very well, and afterward they said they loved it and couldn't wait for the next one. I'm glad they enjoyed it, and have a secret hope that they'll develop an appreciation for the theater and maybe even want to be on stage, but you can't push such things.

I screwed up big time with SC, and if I thought she hated me at one point, I know she does now. It's funny because this has happened in the past. She likes to sit the boys up front because they can see and they have some leg room, and then I show up and ask them to move and everything gets screwed up. Life was simpler when we weren't talking, a situation I'm sure has been rekindled. Part of the problem is that we haven't seen them in so long, and A&N really wanted to sit with the Ms, so figured we could all sit together, but it threw out SC's master plan, and in the end, her sons got a little blown off, and knowing SC, she ain't digging that. I can't blame her, I'd be pissed off, too, but it's my bad. I should have simply let things evolve as they may.

I had planned on simply having pizza for lunch, but everyone we know seems to have issues with pizza, and instead opt for more expensive options. So instead of spending ten bucks on lunch, I ended up spending twenty on Chinese food. In all fairness, the food was good, and the kids loved it, and I'd like to think it's healthier than pizza. There was broccoli, after all, and some soup. Just have to avoid the General Tso's and all that sticky, goopy stuff, as AM would say. Lunch was fun, though, and we enjoy the Ms company. The kids all seem to click really well, and I appreciate that the older kids are nicer to the younger ones. They all really get along and I feel lucky to have such good friends.

The weather was so nice yesterday, and I could feel myself getting anxious knowing that I had wood to relocate and gravel to lay out, but I didn't want to rush the moment, the kids were clicking and having fun, and it's important for them to spend quality time just being crazy with their friends. We finally headed home in the afternoon and wouldn't you know it, but CB called and came over. Does it ever end?

Actually, it was fine, and her brother came over and they all loved the kittens. Besides, it was a short visit, the B's were off to the library and were going to pick up CB on the way back, so she was over for an hour and half and then it was back home. I tried to move wood but there wasn't much time, and rain was on the horizon. I also had to get the gravel out before the big rainfall, and had to make dinner. Speaking of which, there's a killer and easy recipe for lentil casserole that actually came out very well. And talk about easy! I feel like it's a small victory when we can have a vegan dinner, don't ask me why. It's so much easier to cook meat, it seems to make a meal, but so much meat.

I am managing to get a lot of the logistical stuff done while accomplishing all the necessary items in our lives. I had to investigate the artesian well for the septic designer which involved researching the company that actually drilled it over twenty years ago. Fortunately, they are still in business. I took care of the cat's vet appts, and am trying desperately to get back on track in terms of writing, but I seemed to have hit a lull. I'll have to get back to blogging and start writing queries to assorted publications. I do feel like the writing is going somewhere.

Finally, there is the house and life stuff, the most important, and I can't lose sight of that. Oh, and then there's work. Can't forget about that one.

Gotta run, time's running out and before I know it, the kids will be awake and I have to report for duty. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: