Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

So what the hell's my excuse? It's Wednesday and I've accomplished nothing of what I wanted to get done. Actually, that's not totally true, but I wanted to query several travel mags and haven't gotten to any of it. I'm still formulating my query, but I guess I'm suffering for my sins.

Our vacation is less than a week away and we are so ill prepared. I need to get a coupler for my Mac and address the DVD entertainment issue. And that's just the beginning. One thing we have covered is someone to look over our cats, and that's a huge relief, but still haven't told the relevant people we're leaving, and Halloween is two days away, as well.

We did carve pumpkins yesterday, and that was a blast. The kids have so much fun and work so hard, you gotta love it. Had a crappy parental moment with Nicholas doing some schooling, and I have to learn to be more patient. He's so young and trying so hard, but I don't claim to be perfect. No excuses, though, I don't want him to hate learning, but I also don't want him to think life is only about having fun and blowing off things that are challenging. Important lessons in there.

I have to go, I want to get some shit done this morning. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

1 comment:

phredude said...

Dear Anonymous, wow, thanks for not only reading my blog, but commenting. For this, I love you! I just wanted to comment that it's pretty hard to over react in the age of hyper parenting. The world's a rough place. It's hard to imagine a Halloween without trick or treating, but I do think as parents we have the job of setting the agenda, and fall festivals and parties can really be a lot of fun, dare I say a suitable substitute. I would go with your gut feeling. It's not only your right as a person, but your duty as a concerned parent.

With all the junk out there, especially candy that's made in China (no offense to China, but why do we have to import candy from them?), it's hard to know what your kids are eating.

BTW, if my kids came down with a fever after Halloween, I'd be just as concerned, though kids get fevers all the time. You don't want to instill them with the same neurosis that make us all so nervous all the time, though it's going to happen, no matter what.

Best of luck with it, and most of all, have fun.