Thursday, November 15, 2012

Don't Wanna Be No Monkey Wrench

I love that song, one of my favorites by the Foo Fighters.

Either way, we were at the women’s hockey game the other night and saw DF there with his kids. Now he is Mr. Hockey, no question about it, and I think our presence threw a bit of monkey wrench into his plans, because once our kids showed up and hung out, his kids were distracted. I got a sense that wasn’t a part of his plan, because later N told me that Dan kept reminding the girls that there was a game going on while they were playing with our kids. Oops!

On the other hand, what do you expect when you get a bunch of kids together? I realized after the fact that he was definitely there to watch the game, as were we, but he wanted his kids to focus on the game. I feel the same way. Both A and N would benefit from watching the players and seeing how amazing they are. Surely they would be inspired, not mention motivated to work hard out on the ice. Nothing like seeing what the fruits of your labors might look like.

Anyway, I wasn’t about to break up the kid’s fun, but I was aware that it might have compromised his viewing enjoyment of the game. Sorry about that.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to smart.in for the pic.

No comments: