Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween Postponed

Our usual Halloween gig was postponed this year because of the big storm, even though I think they could have still held it. We definitely were affected by the storm, but by the time Halloween rolled around, things were fairly calm and orderly. I understand why they did it, so I’m not complaining.

If anything, I should be grateful, because it meant I could go to my hockey game. I had originally said I couldn’t make it because, let’s face it, you can’t deny your kids their Halloween. I was prepared to forgo the game when the storm came along and changed everything.

Not that the kids suffered, however, because our good friends the Es came through with a last minute, impromptu party at their house. A&N were excited about it, and they said it was cool to drop them off. The plan was for me to drop them off, and R would pick them up. I could go to my game, and then we would reconvene back at home.

I think that maybe R even enjoyed going over, because by the time I got home, which was well after the party was to have ended, R and the kids hadn’t returned, yet. In fact, they stayed for about 1.5 hours past the scheduled end time, so they were clearly having fun. I’m glad, because R does not get out as much as me, partly on her own volition, but she usually has fun once she actually motivates. Inertia is a formidable force to overcome.

They got home around 9:30, which allowed me to get some supper and then relax a bit before the bedtime rush. The kids had a blast, and I’m grateful to the Es for getting it together and having everyone over for a soiree.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to TwisterMc for the pic.

No comments: