Wednesday, November 7, 2012

More On My Plate

As is usually the case, the pile of stuff just keeps getting bigger, though for the record, much of it is of my own making. I’ve been asked to be the team PR rep, which entails keeping the local papers up to speed of the weekend hockey results, and probably other hockey related news. I realize it boils down to more work, but it’s work that I’m interested in, namely writing. Plus, it sort of puts me in touch with the papers and just might allow me to establish some sort of working relationship with them, which would not be a bad thing for any future writing endeavors.

I did, however, say no to another request for my time, if you can believe that one. We need a team rep to speak for the team at board meetings, and even though I said no, I’ll probably end up doing it, because it just make sense since I’m a board member anyway.

Oh well, nobody said the life of a hockey parent was easy, especially when you’re a pushover.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to schlaeps for the pic.

No comments: