Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Finished the Wood

Talk about going down to the wire, I finally finished the woodpile for next year, which for the record is nothing short of a minor miracle, because I have plugging away at it for months. Plus, I got it done and that night, we got snow, though just a little bit. We're supposed to get socked with it in the next day or so.

I have been pining for snow, and lots of it, but in a crazy way, the fact that it hasn’t snowed bode well for me and the woodpile. If we’d gotten tons of snow, it would have been trickier, though not impossible, moving all that wood and splitting and stacking it. I know, I’m just being a sissy Flatlander, but what do you expect?

Either way, it took quite awhile, and I kept wondering why it seemed to hard this year. I realized that part of the problem boiled down to time, or lack of it. In the past I could dedicate a good 4-5 hours to splitting, and it usually moved along. This year, I am so busy that the best I can do is 1 hour, and that makes it hard to make a big dent in the pile. It got done, but next year I’m hoping to have my act together, sooner. Yeah, right.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: