Monday, December 31, 2012

More Hockey Opportunities

We found a way to get even more hockey into our lives, if you can believe that. It appears that we may start to have time conflicts with other activities, but more on that later. The kids have practice twice a week, and then usually two games on the weekends. Now you might think that’s more than enough hockey, but not for us. We have a couple of days that are pretty open, and on one of them they have homeschool hockey.

We did HH last year and it was fun. It was not only low key, but it really helped the kids get a feel for full ice hockey, sort of the pond hockey experience that they didn’t get to have. It’s all about ice time in a fun and relaxed way, and even I get to have more practice. I only get to play once a week, and we don’t practice as a team, so any chance I can get to put on my skates I’ll take, especially when it involves playing the game.

Two weeks ago we showed up for HH, and everyone had fun. It’s a good group of people, the kids are nice, and they aren’t too intense or competitive, so some of the kids get a little feisty. I had a blast, and even my friend TM, who is a great hockey player (he’s from Canada), commented on how fast I was skating. I tried to play it down but inside I was beaming.

As I mentioned, there are some time conflicts, but all in all, I think we can work them out. It may become problematic if we want to go skiing, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: