Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Scrambling for Presents

Talk about clichés, but I was literally scrambling for presents until the zero hour. Fortunately, the mood wasn’t dark and maniacal, but still somewhat humorous. We had this last minute inspiration to get a gift for the kids, even though I was convinced that we were complete. I dreaded the idea of driving to consumer hell just to get one last gift, especially on Christmas Eve, but we went for it. I even called ahead to see if they had what we were looking for.

Interestingly enough, they did, though not without some prodding. I called the store to see if they had the item of interest, and the woman on the phone said that she thought they were out of stock. Enough said, right? Well, I asked her if she could check, which she begrudgingly did, and lo and behold, they did have it. Just goes to show you, you never know until you find out for yourself. Not only did they have it, but they had a bunch of them, and they were cheaper than anywhere else.

I drove out and got it, and best of all, the crowds were very mellow. I was shocked. Last year I recall Consumer Hell really lived up to its name, but this year there was no traffic, and the store wasn’t bad at all. I’m grateful, but found it to be a little strange. Oh well, mission accomplished, and time to head back home.

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday, and thanks for reading, and thanks to outtram for the pic.

No comments: