Saturday, December 8, 2012

Skating Through Life

The new era of my new skates has begun, and they sure feel nice, sort of. Like any new shoe or piece of equipment, there seems to be a breaking in period, which entails a bit of pain and suffering. Then again, what’s a little pain and suffering when it involves hockey, the real man’s sport. Since the material is new, I am experiencing a little chafing on the shins, but the foot part feels good.

In fact, in my first game with my new skates, I didn’t score a goal, but I did manage to do something even more astounding - I eluded the amazing GG, who might very well have simply let up and let me skate past him, but it still felt like I skated past him. Bear in mind, GG is an incredible hockey player, so much so that he probably belongs in the A league. Usually he zips by me and stops me in my tracks when I try to do the same. This time around we were going for the puck and I got there first. I took it and rounded the net then headed up the ice, and somehow managed to elude GG. Also, we managed to beat the mighty Green Team.

Can I attribute all this to my new skates? Sure, why not? I’m the author of this story... sort of.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to jenover2010 for the pic.

No comments: