Monday, December 3, 2012

Good Bunch of Kids

I just wanted to mention that way back when, when we were down in Mass for the tournament, a couple of sources complimented our players on their good behavior. First off, the coach of the opposing team in the final came over to our locker room after the game and told us how respectful our team was and how much class our players displayed in defeating them. In his words, “They could have pounded us, but they kept it honorable and dignified.” I agree.

The people at the hotel also commented on well behaved the kids were in their hotel. In fact, they said of all the teams that came through, ours were their favorite. The manager even joked that another hotel called to see if our players needed a place to stay, and she said they couldn’t have our players because they wanted them in their hotel. Kind of funny.

I have to say, I kind of agree. Our players were not crazy and wild. I saw kids playing hockey in the hallways, making a mess, and that didn’t happen with us. Our kids kept the rowdiness confined to within our rooms, and since DF enforced a curfew, there wasn’t any late night debauchery.

I’m proud of our guys on a number of levels, but I can’t help but say that credit goes to DF. It’s his team, and he sets the bar high.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to adele.turner for the pic.

No comments: