Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Contact Sport

You don't think of UF as a contact sport, but there have been a few injuries, including to myself. In fact, I've been bounced around a few times, and have done a bit of bouncing myself. Usually it's me running into someone who outweighs me by 50-100 pounds, so I just bounce off them, but a few weeks back I was jumping up to get the disc when my friend CT tried to intercept it and slammed me into the ground. He's bigger and thicker than me, so I went flying and landed on my hand. I seriously thought I broke my hand, but I think I sprained my finger. It still hurts to this day.

Then, about a week back, I was running by the person with the disc and they just happened to throw the thing just as I was passing and it nailed me right in the face, square on the nose. I went down immediately and thought it was broken. It swelled up and there was no blood, but it sure did hurt. A few people have left the game with injuries, which is a bummer but I think that's what happens when you get the testosterone flowing and bodies flying. People should keep in mind that we're not that hardcore and it's all about fun, but then again, there are a fair number of teenage boys out there, so things are going to happen.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Filippo Venturi for the pic.

No comments: