Monday, July 28, 2014

Lost Weekend

Or should I say, lost week? We had a crazy week, at least for me, and as a consequence, I got nothing done on the barn or for that matter, on the home front. A blip in my real man training, I guess. Mon and Tue were shot because we traveled down to Concord, and Wed we had the market. Thu was the only day we stayed home, so I got a little work done, but then on Fri A got a last minute invitation to 6 Flags Great Adventure. Her track buddy invited her since they have season passes, and of course A was thrilled. Not wanting N to feel left out, he and I headed to Killington to ride mountain bikes and get in a round of disc golf, both of which were a lot of fun and worked out beautifully, but more on that later.

On Sat N had her final track meet up in St. Johnsbury, and Sun I spent most of the day making falafels, with UF in the afternoon. I know I shouldn't whine because we had a really fun week, but I got very little done on the real-man front, and when you're training to be a real-man, the last thing you want is an interruption in your learning, especially when there are barns to be built, firewood to split, and garden/yards to be maintained. Oh yeah, there's a glorious writing career to think of, as well.

Looks like I'll have to make up for lost time this week. We'll see how that goes.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Matt Bilton for the pic.

No comments: