Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More Disc Golf

I think I already mentioned this, but I just wanted to say a few more words on our disc golf adventures. We went to two courses down around Concord and they were both nice, one more than the other. The Deven course still kind of blows my mind not only in size, but in terms of how nicely it was made. They went to great lengths to groom the course and make every aspect really nice. Plus, it had 36 holes, which is pretty amazing when you get down to it. The course cut through the forest and hills, so it took a lot of effort. Each tee had a platform and hole description, and the paths were clearly marked. Even though we were in the forest, finding the discs was not a problem, not like at the course near us, where we constantly lose discs in the tall grass. And I mean constantly. The Deven course was like going on a hike as well, because it was fairly rigorous following the course up and down the hills. I can't say enough (clearly) about how impressed I was with it.

The Burlington (MA) course was much more low key, but again, it was nicely done. The tee platforms were not as nicely done, but they did have hole descriptions and this course went through the woods, as well, though it was basically a city park, smack in the middle of the suburbs. For a city park, they sure had some big trees. I enjoyed the course except for the traffic noise. The park did have a skate park, however, so when we were done, N rode his bike and scooter for a bit. The woman who I believe helps run the rec department there asked us what we thought of the course and if we had any feedback, which I thought was nice.

Since the Burlington course was in the middle of civilization, we had access to certain life necessities, like a place to get refreshments, as well as a Bank of America, which is my bank. They are very hard to find around us, and tend to be more prevalent in civilized areas. Maybe it's time to find a new bank.

It was a nice day of disc golf. We went back to the hotel for a swim, which worked out beautifully because the sun was scorching by that time. One of the few times I like it when it's hot.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Andrew Meglis for the pic.

No comments: