Monday, July 28, 2014

Fun with Ultimate

UF has been going nicely this season, though last weekend the group was on the smaller side with many regulars not showing up. This always happens, but fortunately we have a fairly big core group that shows up. The pros get bored and stop coming, while the neophytes and recreational-ists still manage to have a good time.

I'm glad this is the case because we all really love UF and it's a nice community thing. When else do you ever get to see your neighbors? People of my generation grew up in neighborhoods and there was always something to do. This is not the case for us, and I know it's not simply because we live in the country. People just don't get out as much, for a number of reasons I won't get into.

I'm hoping the crowds will continue well into the summer/fall, because not only is it fun, but it's great exercise and one of the few times I will run barefoot in the grass. I'm getting the most of my country-living experience.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Theresa Brent for the pic.

No comments: