Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dormer Ready

Add caption
The most recent update on the barn is that I've finished installing the soffit on one of the dormers, and it only took me a week. It was challenging, no question, mainly because I could only squeeze in an hour at a time and during that time I was battling hornets and wasps who had built their nests up in the rafters. This is not easy when you're standing on a ladder perched on a metal roof, but real men don't whine about these sort of things. It's also been hot, scorching hot, which adds to the fun.

Either way, I got the soffit in, and now I can start staining and cutting the siding and trim. The beautiful thing about this is that once the siding starts going up, it actually looks like something is happening, which makes certain people who are watching happy, and when certain people are happy, everyone is happy. Funny how that works.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Tom Driggers for the pic.

No comments: