Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Good Timing for Lawn Care

I had planned on mowing the lawn before our departure but ran out of time, and when we returned, it was a bit of a mess. Now that it’s fall, I don’t need to mow as much, but three weeks is a long time, and I have all sorts of issues and hang up about having an unkempt yard, at least to some degree.

The plan in fall is to spread grass seeds that will sit under the snow all winter then sprout in the spring, when I will seed again. Thus far it’s been working fairly well. We’ve had a decently lush lawn without the use of fertilizers or herbicides. Anyway, I mowed the lawn, spread the seeds, and then it rained for what seemed like 24 hours. Perfect timing, I love when that happens. Now all I have to do is take care of the blueberries, and we’re ready for some snow.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: