Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Progress on the Wood Pile

Every year, it’s the same old song and dance, but one I sure do love to chronicle. I’ve totally slacked off on the woodpile, which seems to be a regular occurrence every year. Since the weather is nicer, I’m more motivated to tackle the job, and I have to say, with cooler temps, the job is once again fun. Heat just seems to suck the fun out of everything that doesn’t involve water. We didn’t order any log lengths this year, and I was a little concerned that losing touch with TB, our wood man, but after talking to him, he didn’t seem to care one way or another. Besides, he was last in bringing this load, and even said he wouldn’t be offended or surprised if I had obtained our wood from somebody else. Whatever be the case, he told me anytime we needed wood, give him a call. Fair enough.

The wood is cut into blocks, I just need to move, split and stack. I think I’m about 1/3 done, maybe 1/4, but it’s a start. Plus, the weather has been beautiful, and it’s something that the kids, mostly N, enjoy helping me with. It’s nice to hang with them and work outside. It makes me feel like a father.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: