Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Our Little Engineer

We are having clock issues... actually, I’m constantly having issues, but that’s another story. Either way, in addition to other assorted appliances, our clock died on the day of our big departure. I figured it was just a battery issue, but when we got back, I put new batteries in and it didn’t work. Something was wrong. Now we could have taken the thing apart and fiddled with it until it worked, but honestly, I wasn’t sure where to begin.

In the meantime, we were constantly looking at the empty space where the clock used to be, so I figured I’d get a replacement. I found one for $4 at the Dollar Store. When we got it home, however, the arms were broken and spun aimlessly around. I was so bummed, and was ready to take it back when N said he thought he could fix it. I didn’t want it more damaged because I wanted to get our money back, but he seemed pretty sure of himself, and I figured the worst that could happen is that we’d be out $4. I told him to go for it, and let him do his thing.

He took a screwdriver, took the thing apart, then secured the arms and put it back together. Sure enough, the thing works and is on our wall. How cool is that? Got to give him credit, he was confident enough to take a chance and go for it. Even if it didn’t work out, kudos to him for having the wherewithal to try. Fortunately, it did. I love when that happens.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: