Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hit the Ground Running

Boy, we sure didn’t waste time getting back in the swing of things. We had a day or rest on Sunday, but once Monday hit, we were off and running. Not a bad thing, mind you, but no rest for the weary, as they say. Sunday was actually nice because we could lounge around the house and get back into home mode. Our friends stopped by to say hi, and the kids said no to ultimate frisbee because of jet-lag, though I think N secretly wanted to play. For the record, HH and her girls went by the field before visiting us, and they said nobody was there.

Come Monday, life began as usual. Again, this is not a bad thing. First off, I had a physical therapy appointment on Monday morning, which I canceled because I didn’t want to deal with it, and my back is functioning fairly well at this point. Then again, it could be that I’m just accustomed to the pain and dealing with it, like a real man. Since we were back, we needed food, which meant trips to the store for vittles, then taking our recycling to the dump. I also had a karate test that evening and needed to practice, and since we were out and about, I needed to get my eyeglasses repaired (they broke on the flight home). I also managed to finish mowing the lawn, which I started on Sunday and wanted to get completed for the big rain forecast on Tue. More on this later, but the plan was to seed the grass before the storm.

The karate test went fine, I was in a bit of a daze, and right before the test, I had this massive wave of fatigue hit me. Man was I bummed, but once you get to class and start warming up, the blood starts flowing and your body just takes over. Plus, when you spar, there’s an element of fearing for your life that does wonders for your energy level.

Tuesday was an even busier day. The kids had book club, and I had to meet with DF at UA. To facilitate this process, I asked CH to take the kids earlier in the day, then take them over to book club while I had my meeting. After the meeting, I went to meet up with everyone, and DE brought me our tomatoes that he kindly harvested and froze for us. There was a lot. After book club, A had after school video class, which went for two hours. This meant N and I had to kill two hours, and it was pouring rain all day. We dealt with a few practical issues, and then Lebanon library, where I thought he might be able to work on the computer, but instead he picked out a book and sat and read it for half an hour. Warms my heart, that boy. In the end, however, I think it was a bit of a bore for him, and in the future, we may have to come up with a more engaging activity.

Wednesday was busy as well, but I won’t bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that it’s good to be home, but we’re too busy to bask in it. Just cooking and cleaning is a full time job, forget about the other stuff.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to jaeger43 for the pic.

No comments: