Saturday, September 22, 2012

On Principle

Our wall clocked died, and it’s a complete mystery as to what exactly happened. It actually kicked out the day of our departure, which is oddly coincidental, don’t you think? It even contributed to the stress of our departure because it stopped at 2:00PM, and we were getting picked up at 4:00 by my Mentor. R kept looking at the clock and seeing that it was 2:00, so she felt like she had plenty of time, when in fact, the clock was ticking.

We left it at that and went on our trip, but when we got back, I replaced the battery and it still didn’t work. Total bummer. We toyed with it a bit, but I’m no clock expert, so we decided to get a replacement. I found one at the Listen Center for $1.00, though I had my doubts. The guy didn’t have a battery to test it, but said if it didn’t work, they would credit me the dollar. Sure enough, when we got home, the piece of junk didn’t work. My bad, I should never have bought a used clock. The question was, do I return it for a measly $1.00? I decided that on principile, I had to. Besides, we were out there anyway, so I did it, and got my credit.

Sometimes you have to fight to stand by your principles, even if it’s a complete waste of time and money.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to kampang for the pic.

No comments: