Monday, October 17, 2011

Back to Karate

We missed karate last week because we weren’t feeling well, but now that we’re feeling better, wanted to make it to class. This was complicated by the fact that Sensei H called in the AM and said he had some work to do and was wondering if I could open the doors. I have the other set of keys. That meant the looming possibility that I was going to have to lead class, which I am more inclined to do as I do it more often. Experience is the key.

Nonetheless, I contacted Master H and he said he planned on coming, so there was no way I wasn’t going. It actually turned out to be a big class, the higher belts showed up, so I was spared from having to teach, and a lot of the newer belts came, as well. A got to recite the koan, and she did a great job sparring with AI.

Master H focused on the medium/higher belts preparing us for our possible next test, and NS led the rest of class. Things got a little heated with the sparring, one of the new guys basically beat up one of the other new guys, I thought it got a little out of hand, and felt like they should have toned it down. It also got me to thinking that I need to work out more and prepare myself for doing battle with these guys. It’s a little scary, they’re not even yellow belts, but they have pugilistic inclinations. I think someone needs to talk to them.

We’ll see. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Kriss Szkurlatowski for the pic.

No comments: