Monday, October 17, 2011

Impromptu Sleepover

We had a bit of an impromptu sleepover the other night, and the kids were thrilled. I remember as a kid wanting to have kids sleep over and it was always this big rigmarole with my parents. By the time the sleepover came around, the excitement wore off because of all the stress and preparation, so it wasn’t much fun. My friend’s parents were more accommodating to spontaneity in this regard, and I always thought that was cool of them.

Now that I’m a parent, I try to be more relaxed. The sleepover thing comes up a lot, and though we don’t oblige them every time, I like the idea of less planning. Their buddy IH asked if she could sleep over because her sister was going to a sleepover party. I thought, why not? We had a busy day with I-KODI stuff and golf, but would be home that afternoon/evening.

HH brought her over after supper, and they got to hang out and then watch movies until bedtime. It was low key and fun for them. The next day we made pancakes and fruit, and the kids feasted. Then we took IH back home and made the long drive out to Killington, but that’s a story for another time.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Zach Den Adel for the pic.

No comments: