Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hockey Democracy in Action

I haven’t jumped into this, and for all I know, it’s been resolved, but they are searching for a parent to step up and volunteer to be on the team board of directors. I’ll you, all this democracy in action is a little overboard. There are so many boards and meetings, it wastes a lot of time and bogs down the process, but such is life in a democracy.

Either way, as you might have guessed, no parent wants to do it, and the team does need representation on the board. Counter to common sense, I have toyed with the idea only to help out the team. The kids need us, right? Since no parent has the time, not that I do, I thought maybe I could help out in some way. I would coach, as well, but those dads who coach are like NHL pros, they are such good skaters and players out there, I’d feel like an idiot. However, I might be able to help in other ways.

I haven’t done or said anything, yet, and for all I know, they’ve already found someone to do the job. R thinks I’m crazy for even considering it, but what else is new? Stay tuned for more.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Albin Axelsson for the pic.

No comments: