Saturday, October 15, 2011

Finally Finished and New Academic Resolve

We finally got all of our state stuff in order, including curriculum for the next year and assessments for the previous year. The state is very much on top of this stuff and lets you know fairly quickly what is right or wrong. I made some blunders but they let me know and the situation was quickly rectified. Now that we are done with answering to the state, I made a resolution to be more on top of things. We’ll see where this one goes.

The main thing is to keep tabs on what we’ve done, not just to make end of year stuff simpler, but to help plan the days ahead. It’s easier knowing where you’re going when you know where you’ve been. With this in mind, I’m determined to keep better regular/daily/weekly records of what the kids have done, rather than scrambling at the end of the year to gather all the stuff and then summarize it.

I’m also drawing inspiration on our friend, DE, who says he writes a weekly newsletter to his wife telling her what they’d done. It sounds corny at first, but is actually a great idea, and one we’re going to try. I just need to be diligent, which is not my strong suit. This way, I can get R’s feedback, if any, and it brings her more into the loop, as well.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Mattox for the pic.

No comments: