Saturday, October 15, 2011

Getting a Break and Buying Myself More Time... to Procrastinate

I scrambled to write this letter for the library, keeping in mind that numerous deadlines that were sooner than anticipated. I have to confess, it was not my best effort, but even a crappy first draft is better than none. It gets those mental juices flowing so that you can approach it with ideas rather than a blank slate.

I did feel a little guilty, however, but there was so much to do, what with the market and activities, not to mention the scramble to get all administrative stuff into the state. Whine, whine, whine. Whatever be the case, I got a rough draft to MD, and she glanced at it and said it’s a start, but not to worry because she probably wouldn’t have a chance to look at it until the weekend, or even early next week. This, of course, bought me some time to blow it off some more. Besides, all I want to do over the weekend is work on it, right?

I should be in good shape because as I mentioned, the pressure is off, and I have something to work with. That always helps.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Susanne Nilsjo for the pic.

No comments: