Friday, April 12, 2013

Making Firewood Contact

It’s time to reserve our allotment of wood this year for our wood pile, and I had some options this time. As I’ve mentioned, A’s coach is a logger, and he can get truck loads of log length, though I think his prices are a tad bit higher. He is close by, however, and he can get half loads.

I also hadn’t spoken to our regular guy, TB, in about a year, and didn’t know if he would still be able to meet our needs. Finally, there is the issue of money. I usually save up money throughout the year to pay for the wood. He likes to get cash, and that’s fine, except that with finances a little tight, I had to spend my wood money to make ends meet. Actually, I think I used it for hockey and camps. Whatever be the case, I left a message with him figuring he’d get back to me in a week or so, but he called me back that night.

Normally this is a good thing, but I didn’t have cash on hand, and if he wanted to deliver the wood soon, I couldn’t pay him. It helped that the roads are posted, so he can’t do it for a month or so. When I finally did speak with him, he said he could deliver in June, which was good. That gives me a few months to scrimp and save and sell off various organs to come up with the dough.

In the meantime, I still have about a cord or two of un-split blocks that need attending to, I just have to wait until the snow completely melts so I can move them. I can’t wait....

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to SMercury98 for the pic.

No comments: