Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pain it the Neck

I’m finding, once again, that my brilliant idea was not as brilliant as I thought. I have to install spacers that will provide the gap for air flow between the ceiling joists. The spacers have been ripped, all it requires is nailing them into the joists, and then the rigid foam boards can be nailed into them.

I figured it would be a piece of cake to simply nail them in, but it’s a pain. Not only is it hard because you have hold the darn things up, but nailing into a tight space like that over your head is hard and inefficient. It took me an hour just put two in, at which point I decided this was not going to work. SH does it with a nail gun, so I decided that’s what I needed to do.

I contacted our good friend HH and she said I could borrow hers. SH has a compressor, so I think we’re good to go. Then again, I don’t have a lot of experience with nail guns, and they scare me a little, but such is the life of a real man... in training.

Stay tuned for more. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Atos Healthcare for the pic.

No comments: