Sunday, April 14, 2013

The End?

Wow, could it be so? Is mud season actually over? I hate to set myself up for the big disappointment, but it seems as if mud season came in a quick burst and then the ground seems to have recovered. We had maybe a few days, a week tops, where there was mud, but then it freeze-thawed for several days and now it’s solid.

My understanding is that mud season ends when the trees start to bud and form leaves. That’s when the ground thaws and the trees and plants can soak up the moisture, and that seems to be what is happening.

Whatever be the case, it’s been the most manageable mud season I can remember, and I’m all for it. It can get pretty bad out here, and almost makes me lament the departure of winter. Almost.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Truck Night for the pic.

No comments: