Thursday, April 18, 2013

Power Tooling Around (and failing)

In the quest to get that darn insulation done, I decided the time had come to take action and start installing the spacers while SH was away. He only comes on weekends, so there is all week to work on the barn. Easier said than done, I know, but if I could just get a few things done, it would move things along.

I tried to install the spacers with hammer and nail, but it was grossly inefficient, and I suffered significantly. It’s hard to nail in tight corners, and it took me an hour just to get two of them in. I realized how much easier it would be with a nail gun, so I contacted HH and she let me borrow her nail gun. She has a really nice one, and a compressor, as well. SH left his compressor in the barn, so I figured I could use that since the nozzles are compatible.

Well, things in theory don’t always work out in practice. I hooked up the gun and turned on the compressor, but somehow the nail gun wasn’t pressurizing properly. I’m guessing I didn’t attach the hose properly, but the nails just weren’t coming out. Coupled with the fact that nail guns are a little daunting, I finally called it quits and decided to ask SH for guidance.

In other words, I spent an hour getting nothing accomplished. The story of my life.

Oh well, I can always glue insulation into the rafter gaps. Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to portercablenailgun for the pic.

No comments: