Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Overnight Camp

After much back and forth, it has been decided that A will attend a sleepover camp, her first. It’s kind of hardcore, being away for an entire week. I realize it’s a rite of passage for many kids, and I think she’ll really enjoy it. It’s more about myself wrapping my mind around the idea.

Several of her friends have done it, and will do it this time around, so she’ll be with familiar faces and I know she’ll have a blast. When I was a kid I loved the idea of going to sleepover camp, anything to get away from my parents, but it never happened. They had an iron-clad grip on us, and never left us alone.

I don’t want to be that way with our kids, though I do feel more comfortable when they’re in my sights. Oh well, that’s a part of growing up, for both parents and kids, right?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to GreenTea for the pic.

No comments: