Friday, July 31, 2015

Busy Summer

Summer is more than half over, and it dawned on me that we are having a busy one. Between the market and mom and me both working, not to mention the kids having camp and A now gainfully employed, we are busier than ever. You don't realize it but it really creeps up on you, and before you know it, you're swamped with things to do. Oddly enough, you can be oblivious to it until you stop for a moment and reflect upon how crazy your life is.

A couple of observations: we skipped the month of June for the market because we were away and there were too many things going on, and that break really helped in terms of keeping our sanity. June is a usually a bad month for weather, anyway. As for me, it's good to have a job and make some income to help support our fabulously luxurious lifestyles, but it's also good to hang up my apron now and then and get out and interact with people in the community. Finally, I'm glad the kids are pursuing some interests and developing skills that will be fun, and hopefully useful, later in life. A has been working pretty hard and it's been a great experience, and N will have some animal care gigs coming up, so there is more in the pipeline. As I mentioned, summer is far from over.

July is coming to an end and August is upon us, so if we're lucky, the worst of summer heat may be behind us (I sure hope so) and we can cruise into fall from here. That means I'll have to step up my pace on certain projects, but that's nothing new for a real-man in training. Plus, let's not forget about school and all that good stuff.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Don Miller for the pic.

No comments: