Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Mentor Strikes Again

It sure does pay to keep in touch with my Mentor, both from a spiritual and practical point of view. He's always there to calm my anxiety, offer advice, and somehow enable me to see things in a clearer light. Maybe it's his towering presence of manliness that inspires me, but I feel that things align properly after his consultation. It doesn't help being so clueless.

Best of all, he's always ready, willing, and able to swoop in and help out when I'm screaming for guidance. This time was no different. He was back in town a few weeks back for the season and I called him to get some advice about the barn, not to mention a dying hemlock that needs my attention. He came over and looked at the progress of the barn, politely suppressing any inquiries as to why it was taking so darn long. We were discussing the insulation and the next stage when I done with it, and after some thought, I realized that we are probably going overboard with the insulation. He seemed to think so. I believe his words were, "You are insulating the #@$% out of this place." Then he gave me some alternative suggestions.

It then dawned on me that we are insulating the #@%#% out of that place, and I did some investigating and changed my view on things which will not only make it quicker and easier, but probably cheaper, as well. I love when that happens.

More on this later, but suffice it to say that my Mentor has struck again. He should really get a pair of blue tights.


Thanks for reading, and thanks to Jeff R for the pic.

No comments: