Friday, July 31, 2015

Rocking Out At Warped Tour

Call me old, my kids do it all the time, but I am so out of touch when it comes to music. A went with her buddy to a big concert event in CT called the Warped Tour, which I had never heard of, or at least thought I'd never heard of until A informed me that it's been going on for about 20 years. This means that it existed back when I was still going to concerts, so I must have been somewhat aware of it. Also, Green Day once played there, so it's not nothing.

Whatever be the case, A went and had a great time. I think it was a pretty cool event, especially if you're young and hip. It's a big outdoor event with all sorts of bands and a variety of venues. It was an all day gig and she was gone from morning til late at night, but she came back beaming. I could tell she had fun because she was going on and on about how cool it was. The technology aspect makes today's concerts a completely different experience than when I was young, but don't get me started on that. Interestingly enough, several of her other friends were there, as well, she just didn't know it until after the fact.

I'm glad she got to go and would like to see her have a chance to see other concerts. They were always a big deal when I was younger, and you just can't beat the live music experience. This is particularly true when you're a musician.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Melanie Levi for the pic.

No comments: