Thursday, July 16, 2015

Falling Apart

I guess you can chalk this one up to getting old, but I feel like I'm falling apart: my joints, muscles, and bones are constantly aching. The biggest culprits are my hips and shoulders, both of which have historically given me problems, but now they seem like the pain just won't go away. Unfortunately, I think the culprit is ultimate frisbee, so I'm just going to have to deal with it because I can't see myself quitting that one. It's good it only comes around once a week so I can have some time to recover. It probably doesn't help that I have all that hard labor to keep me busy in the time in-between.

What makes it especially challenging is that the pain seems to kick in while I'm sleeping, making it tough to get a good night's rest. I think pain is too extreme a word, more like an ache, but it's enough so that when I wake up in the early morning, it's hard to get comfortable enough to fall back asleep. Consequently, I'm up at the crack of dawn, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. For all it's worth, the soreness lessens with each week, so I believe it's a question of conditioning. I'm hoping that by the end of summer I'll be back in tip-top shape and be pain free... either that or I'll soon be needing crutches.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Christian Guthier for the pic.

No comments: