Thursday, July 30, 2015

Massive Falafel Cookout

I am not sure what possessed us to cook so many falafels, but this week we went a little crazy and made a massive batch. I think we soaked 14 bags and ended up with bowls after bowl of the stuff. I had to take N to his ortho appointment in the AM and when I got home, I spent 4 hours cooking the darn things. I literally started at 2:00 and finished at 6:00. It was also, without question, one of the hottest days of the year, so I was melting out there by the hot stove. I tell you, living the American Dream ain't easy. I hooked up a fan and that helped a lot, but all in all it was a brutal day.

What made it especially hard was that since I was cooking, I was locked down and couldn't go anywhere. I wanted to hit the pond with N, but couldn't leave, so he was sort of stranded, as well. Fortunately AM called and came over and picked him up, so he not only got to cool off, but he got to hang with his buddies, as well. I love when that happens.

The market was once again a little disappointing, though not bad. I think last year we had some stellar days that really raised the bar and we're hoping to emulate that, but maybe we need to get over that and just be happy that we're doing any business at all.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Gerda for the pic.

No comments: