Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Toiling on the Woodpile

The wood pile is slowly falling into place, though it's been quite the challenge this year. My goal, besides one day looking like this guy, is to get year 1 done by the end of July. I would say that I am at about 75% there, but the wood I've been working with is less than ideal. TB said as much when he delivered it last year. It was a particularly challenging year because demand was so unprecedented with oil prices as high as they were. People were clamoring for wood, and he said he was turning away new customers, which meant that I, as a regular, was still in the club.

My sense of entitlement was short lived, however, because it was a chore tracking TB down and finally getting the wood. When he finally delivered it, he informed me that it was all he could scrounge up, and that it wasn't that great. Like I was in any position to complain? The biggest problem is that some of the logs are huge, which makes cutting them a challenge, and splitting them next to impossible. Not completely impossible, but pretty darn close. I think I'm in need of a splitter, and will go out and search accordingly. We'll see how this goes.


Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Dries Van Giel for the pic.

No comments: