Thursday, July 30, 2015

Family Movie Night

A week or two back we had family movie night out, and it actually worked out nicely because the kids got to see a modern action movie (The Avengers) complete with superheroes, villains, and plenty of explosions and sci-fi violence, and mom and I got to watch a Euro movie lots of psychological and emotional intrigue, and a smattering of obligatory European nudity. I originally wanted to see the Avengers because N and I watched the first one and it was pretty cool, but I couldn't let mom go to the thoughtful Euro movie on her own, and truth be told, it was really good. The movie was Gemma Bovary and it was a play on the novel by Flaubert, set in modern times. I liked it a lot, and figured I could watch it on Netflix when the time came.

The kids invited their buddy NP and she came over for supper and then they went to meet mom at the movie after work. It was a little bit impromptu, so I had to scramble to come up with a vegetarian dinner since she doesn't eat meat, but it worked out fine, especially with mom's garden cranking out greens and peas. NP's mom was working that evening so I think it gave her dad an evening off while we hit the cinema in the big city.

We got home late and everyone was tired, nobody more so than yours truly, but that's the life of a modern parent. No rest for the weary.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to JakeTheRandomGuy for the pic.

No comments: