Friday, July 17, 2015

More on My Mentor

I forgot to mention that in addition to the insulation question, my Mentor also told me of a better way to cut the fiberglass. I had been cutting it to size with a pair of scissors, and anyone who has worked with the stuff will tell you, it's a pain doing it that way and takes so much time. My Mentor was telling me to hold the insulation flat with something rigid like a board or yard stick, then cut it with a utility knife. Duh! Why didn't I think of that? Because I'm not my mentor, that's why.

I didn't realize you could cut fiberglass with a razor blade, and doing so has made it much easier and saved me a load of time. Before it took me at least a minute to cut across a piece of insulation, and I'm talking about a 15 inch span. The stuff is so fluffy that you have to cut multiple times in one section. Now, it takes me about 10 seconds, and is so much easier. I should really talk to my Mentor more often.


Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Jack Amick for the pic.

No comments: